Ultimate Shinobi - A Naruto RPG



 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Member Poll: Village Options

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which village should we close?
Konoha
24%
 24% [ 6 ]
Kiri
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Kumo
32%
 32% [ 8 ]
None
44%
 44% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 25
 

Adam
The Boss
avatar

Age : 23
Posts : 8953

PostSubject: Member Poll: Village Options Sun 06 Jul 2014, 6:40 am

Hey strangers,

Just wanting to get some feedback from anybody and everybody who wants to give it. With the activity in a shaky place at the moment of course the conversation of closing a village has been brought up once more, one way or another.

I'm interested as to what most people think the right move is. With Konoha having no active Hokage and nobody jumping at the opportunity to fill its leadership role and Kumo and Kiri finally getting some footing with Open Village topics and the organizing of teams, respectively. Konoha still has a pretty active memberbase but there is no direction.

If you're voting, feel free to comment as well and offer up whatever option you think will benefit the site as a whole the most.
________________
Application -- Account -- Plot Page
Team Ash -- Forum Assistance -- PM Adam

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ultimateshinobi.org
Ruka
avatar

Age : 25
Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Sun 06 Jul 2014, 9:27 am

While I do see the point of wanting to close a village and I'm going to sound like a French noble who won't know the commoners are revolting until they get hit in their heads with a stick since I am in Konoha myself and don't know the situation in the lower categories of the site, I just love good ole democracea too much so no close.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kite
Kumo Nin
avatar

Age : 27
Posts : 1209

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Sun 06 Jul 2014, 6:05 pm

I don't see the logic in closing Konoha. While I hate to adhere to canon and such, the fact is that Konoha is the most well known village in the Narutoverse. I know this RP takes place in an alternate universe but I can't help but feel that new members who come to the site get a feeling of familiarity from seeing Konoha. While they might not join the Leaf, I think it just helps in easing them in to the site. Personally for me when I see a Naruto site without Konoha, my confidence in the site just drops.

While Konoha currently doesn't have an active Kage, there's not much word on if she'll remain inactive after the summer's end. As you know, Adam, Amy is on vacation for the whole summer. As for Kumo's leadership, I haven't seen a whole lot from Kumo's Kage. Shutting down Kiri would be a bad choice due to how active the member base is. Basically Konoha and Kiri are the two big drawing points of this site and have the activity to boot. Kumo isn't too popular and there isn't much activity. If a site needs to be closed, I'd go with Kumo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ulkira
Nukenin
avatar

Age : 24
Posts : 1836

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Sun 06 Jul 2014, 7:45 pm

Kite wrote:
I don't see the logic in closing Konoha. While I hate to adhere to canon and such, the fact is that Konoha is the most well known village in the Narutoverse. I know this RP takes place in an alternate universe but I can't help but feel that new members who come to the site get a feeling of familiarity from seeing Konoha. While they might not join the Leaf, I think it just helps in easing them in to the site. Personally for me when I see a Naruto site without Konoha, my confidence in the site just drops.

While Konoha currently doesn't have an active Kage, there's not much word on if she'll remain inactive after the summer's end. As you know, Adam, Amy is on vacation for the whole summer. As for Kumo's leadership, I haven't seen a whole lot from Kumo's Kage. Shutting down Kiri would be a bad choice due to how active the member base is. Basically Konoha and Kiri are the two big drawing points of this site and have the activity to boot. Kumo isn't too popular and there isn't much activity. If a site needs to be closed, I'd go with Kumo.

Precisely what I was going to say.

Closing Konoha should not even be an option. As Kite accurately said, the majority will choose Konoha over the other Villages (I know I did, when I first started RPing). Members will flock to Konoha, regardless of whether there is a Hokage to lead them or not. And if it really is such an issue that Konoha is without leadership, just have one of the higher-ranked characters assume an authority post until Amy (hopefully) returns. Say that the Hokage is swamped, and have some other character supervise/run a Village Event of some sort. Shouldn't be too hard, given how many Chuunin and Jounin Konoha has. In fact, Adam, isn't your character a Council member, and perfect for this kind of situation?

Kumo would be the best choice to close, but I think it would be best to hold off any actual decision until the summer break ends. In fact, I don't think any of the villages should be closed at the moment. Who knows? Maybe Kumo's activity (and even Konoha's and Kiri's) will improve once the holidays are over. If not, then do what's best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ace
avatar

Age : 24
Posts : 1035

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Sun 06 Jul 2014, 8:26 pm

I personally agree with Eric about that Konoha should always remain open. Is the most known village and people just love konoha whether you are there or not. And, like Ulkira said, maybe we should wait a little longer to see what happens before any village gets taken down. Because at the end the same village will get reopened at some point again. So why close Kumo? if later on if everything gets better, it will just be reopened.

But if there is no option but to close a village, I would say Kumo. There aren't many people active tbh. I rarely see Fujiwara, which was one of the most active persons in the village as a newcomer. Verg basically said he was leaving, though I could be mistaken. And, personally Travis seem to be the only actually active one rping. And, there aren't a lot of moves going on by whoever is active.

Either way, I think the villages should stay as is and see how they turn out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
MsMoney
Wanderer
avatar

Age : 30
Posts : 2201

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Sun 06 Jul 2014, 9:52 pm

None. I've never liked the idea of closing a village when there are actually members there. Be it active ones or slow ones. I'd rather see things staying as they are, and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris
avatar

Age : 21
Posts : 3144

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Sun 06 Jul 2014, 10:06 pm

I think closing Konoha is our best choice. Yes it's an iconic village, but without an active kage and no active people in it, it's just dragging us down.

Let's just get it over with.  :/

P.S Sarcasm


Last edited by Chris on Mon 07 Jul 2014, 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anna
avatar

Age : 24
Posts : 1896

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Sun 06 Jul 2014, 11:39 pm

I disagree with closing Konoha because, reiterating what's been said, it's the village most are familiar with. Kirigakure is also rather active lately. If any villagers were to be closed I would lean towards Kumogakure. Overall, I hope none of the villages are closed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NuclearTreerat
avatar

Age : 42
Posts : 1036

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Mon 07 Jul 2014, 2:02 am

Konoha's Kage isn't active because Amy is in the State's on a university-related trip until September. Which she made a post in departures about roughly 1 month before leaving. Which is more than I can say for the rest of the staff who just drop out without ANY warning and expect to come back to no hard feelings months later.

And maybe the reason no one has jumped to fill the spot is that no one has said that the spot was opened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kite
Kumo Nin
avatar

Age : 27
Posts : 1209

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Mon 07 Jul 2014, 2:36 am

NuclearTreerat wrote:
And maybe the reason no one has jumped to fill the spot is that no one has said that the spot was opened.


Or perhaps people who could fill the spot are actually aware of the situation and don't want to just steal the position from Amy while she's on vacation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keos
avatar

Age : 22
Posts : 1585

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Mon 07 Jul 2014, 4:02 am

Ulkira wrote:
In fact, Adam, isn't your character a Council member, and perfect for this kind of situation?

Yes, I think he is. TEEHEE


And also, I don't think closing a village is going to benefit the forum in any way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris
avatar

Age : 21
Posts : 3144

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Mon 07 Jul 2014, 4:17 am

To everyone saying that closing a village won't benefit the forum, I would just like to point out that so far only members from Konoha and Kiri have posted here.

Kinda says everything we need to know, no?

Kumo has been a deadweight to the forum for the last 2 years. It's never been active, and is certainly not in some fake golden age, like Adam seems to be insinuating. Can we finally have the balls to axe it please?

Kage was supposed to be the thing that would save the village, and that hasn't worked out now, has it? Unless there is another amazing Raikage candidate out there that will really save the village this time, just give it up and move on.

AND if you feel really bad about losing a village, replace it. I'm dead serious. Kumo was a weird choice to begin with. If people feel so strongly about retaining 3 villages and maintaining a status quo, maybe an underdog village - Rain, Sound or Grass - will do a better job than Kumo.

Underdog villages work great with plots and events.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kite
Kumo Nin
avatar

Age : 27
Posts : 1209

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Mon 07 Jul 2014, 4:58 am

Kage was the Raikage they wanted but not the one they deserved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cross
avatar

Age : 23
Posts : 1012

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Mon 07 Jul 2014, 5:00 am

Didn't..I ask this like.. last month or so? XD If opening/ closing a village would work, I mean. I've been on this site for 2 years and Kumo has always been the dead weight. If you guys do shut it down, just give the option of keeping rank and character to the ones there, or at least offering equal rank in another village?

The Raikage thing just..fell through, Konoha is..eh. I mean. I don't really know what's going on there, and Kiri is probably the better of the three as of right now.

But eh, honestly should wait to see what Kumo members have to say about this? It's their characters being affected more than any one else's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brett
avatar

Age : 23
Posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Mon 07 Jul 2014, 6:12 am

Woah. No to closing any village.

Quite simply, as Eric has mentioned, we are nothing without Konoha. Opening Kiri was a good strategic move for activity. Keeping Kumo is also equally as good a strategy; less confines for members who do not align themselves with either Konoha or the blood marred territory of Kiri. Of course, we offer Nukenin as an option, but without organized crime syndicates to start up some mayhem or organized crime partners, we fall short in members who wish to play those types.

I know for me personally it broke down like this:
Konoha was too mainstream.
Kiri lacked the sort of roleplay I sought out.
Nukenin, again, rarely interacted with one another.
Kumo has always had few, yet talented, roleplayers.

I dare not say that Kumogakure is in the best of conditions, but I can say that in our own way we are remaining active.

Sakota and I are currently in a thread, slow moving as a result of constant problems on both ends, but still moving. Hiruzen, Locket, and Fuji are all in a sparring thread. Travis and Ashin are starting their own plot. While our numbers are not entirely there, we are still staggering forward as we always have. Each wave of members brings at least one new face to our region, and I can always hold on to the hope that there will be another wave to keep us going. Do not let our slower rate of roleplaying be the reason for stealing the ground beneath our feet. Maybe just designate a staff member or NPC as the kages so that you may steer activity more to your liking.

Keep all the gates open.

*Edit: It even looks like Kija may be making his return*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris
avatar

Age : 21
Posts : 3144

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Mon 07 Jul 2014, 2:58 pm

Sorry Brett, but I'm gonna call you out on this one.

Fujiwara has been missing for a while now. He has been excluded from his sparring topic with Locket and Hiruzen, and speaking of Hiruzen, he is currently on hiatus and who knows when he will come back.

Which leaves you, Locket, Sakota, Travis and Ashin. 5 Members. Engaged in 3 topics. (2, since the Spar is dead for the time being)

Kija though being in the Kumo usergroup, has not roleplayed in Kumo itself for about a year now, instead electing to roleplay in Konoha and Kiri.


I just don't think that Kumo is any good for the site. If we cannot decide to delete any village, I would like to at least decide that we replace Kumo with something else, because clearly, Kumo doesn't really draw anyone in.

As you said, one of the reasons why you joined was because it wasn't Konoha. That's not saying anything good about Kumo.

And I know a bunch of people who have similar reasons. More specifically, they thought of Konoha as too mainstream or too happy-go-lucky and didn't like the direction in which Kiri was going.

Kumo is basically the choice you make when neither of the two other villages appeal to you. I don't think I've met a person who chose Kumo because he liked it the most out of the three.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brett
avatar

Age : 23
Posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Mon 07 Jul 2014, 6:17 pm

Hiruzen may have claimed to be on a hiatus, but he's still been maintaining regular log-ins; leading me to believe that he was simply upset at the situation of the forum and the activity within our bounds. Truthfully, it has not been up to par, but it's still there. Rookie has not roleplayed within our bounds for quite some time, but that does not estrange him from the homeland. The last thing I heard about his character was that he had been locked up and had gone on a hiatus since- we must remember, he's at a slight literary disadvantage in comparison to the rest of the talent lingering in Kumogakure. Nonetheless, he has never had the urge to really be in another village ever since he joined Kumo.

Iwagakure would be no better for the site. Across all of the Naruto sites, it is the least popular and downplayed. Leaving us with Sunagakure as our only option; unless we're resorting to Narutor tactics and creating new lands. I do not think the problem is the fact that Kumo does not draw anyone in, I think we simply need more committed players. Think about it: Ever since Becky left our activity has been slumped- but when we had an active and player interactive Kage, our activity had been on par with all other villages. Once she left we suffered inactive and unstable Raikage again and again. Furthermore, there's no incentive to interacting with any of the mainly active population of Kumo. Why? Simple. Just as I've told Adam, with a lackluster Kage and lack of Jinchuuriki within our walls, members have no major characters they wish to interact with (Thanks Heida !! Razz).

As far as the series itself goes, we've come to see more of Kumogakure than we have of Sunagakure, making it more well known, and more trademark to the series. I chose Kumogakure because I enjoyed the type of characters exemplified in the show; mostly Bee. As such, I have attempted to make a character which, I feel, best represents the tendencies shown by Kumo shinobi- and I think I've done so successfully with Kurenai. I cannot have my ground taken away from me. You met me Chris, so you can add +1 to your Kumo seeking tally.

And yes, this thread has pushed me back to activity.

Nonetheless, I understand that should we choose to close a village, it will be Kumo, and logically so. However, I am making a petition to keep it alive so members will not be confined to 2 primary options. Hell, if you want to bring it down, at least do it in a cinematic way that will boom activity for the site. How? Integrate the Nukenin into the destruction and downfall of Kumo; it gives them power and the ability to create a crime syndicate and ramp up the amount of missing-nin we have. That'd finally create some sort of motive to join/make one. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Strawberry
avatar

Age : 22
Posts : 488

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Mon 07 Jul 2014, 7:18 pm

We should replace Kumo with Iwagakure Very Happy <3 Seriously, though, don't close any village.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ace
avatar

Age : 24
Posts : 1035

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:05 pm

Strawberry wrote:
We should replace Kumo with Iwagakure Very Happy <3 Seriously, though, don't close any village.

We have had Grass, and Rock villages already in US and none of them worked or simply got replaced because some preferred it to be changed.

If anything, I think the village that could make the most impact and have some kind of difference would be the Sound. I think new clans could be made, some kind of plot and even create this village as the "problematic" or pro-nukenin village. A lot can come forth out of this village. A whole plot, new clans, new personalities and I think people will like to play out in a new environment in which they can create themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Chris
avatar

Age : 21
Posts : 3144

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:56 pm

Brett I feel like you're purposefully ignoring my points.

Kija has effectively left Kumo more than a year ago. He's been roleplaying everywhere but Kumo and has shown no desire to come back. That realistically doesn't make him a member of the group, hence he doesn't count when considering Kumo's member-base.

Neither Suna or Iwa were the villages I suggested as replacement, because I consider Suna, Iwa and Kumo to be all roughly interchangeable. They all have desert-y, rock-y environments, with predominantly Earth-element-ed people. They're are not villages I have ever found interesting or fun. Even though I watch the show, the only cool character in Kumo is Bee.

Instead, I think one of the lesser known, smaller villages would be a perfect replacement. One of the great things about smaller, uncommon villages is the fact that you have more say in developing them, their culture and their history. There is more... creative liberty, shall we say. I think members would like that. Plus I feel like achieving a higher rank would have more meaning. If the village is small, every Chuunin and Jounin will feel more... appreciated.


Kumo has not had a stable/active Raikage since Becky. I'm at fault here too, but it's the truth. The 4 people who replaced her were all active for a short bout of time, and then proceeded to hiatus; there is in fact a very odd similarity in the behavior of all of them, which could be attributed to the village itself.  

Which brings me to a point - do not take the closing of a village personally. When I was Raikage, I was of the belief that the village was a lost cause, but I tried to chug along; that was at a time where it had 3 active members, and things haven't changed at all since then. I still believe that it is a lost cause.

I understand you've made a lot of progress as Kurenai, but are you really happy to remain in an environment in which you only have 4 people to roleplay with? In the last 2 or 3 years, Kumo has never really gone above 10 active members. There is something inherently wrong with the village and it doesn't help the site, that it's semi-dead all the time. No newbie will join it and even the oldies aren't that particularly compelled by the prospect.

And it is entirely possible to move your character from one village to another. It takes a degree of pretend - change all the mentions of village A to village B - but at least you don't feel like you've lost progress. I know it's not the best solution, but it's probably better than outright losing everything you've worked on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ReturningYoru
avatar

Age : 27
Posts : 589

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Mon 07 Jul 2014, 11:27 pm

Honestly I was thinking maybe a Halloween event to come up pretty soon I mean it is getting close to that day so why not throw the Shinda ningyō and have it rage in some of the villages. The dead marching on some of the villages and characters trying to stop it and kill the Nuke-nin that is controlling them. If even possible with out a Halloween Event you could have the first great shinobi war either between all the villages or just two villages that think they could stand a chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ace
avatar

Age : 24
Posts : 1035

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Mon 07 Jul 2014, 11:37 pm

I don't think a shinobi war at this moment would be the best idea. Razz We are trying to get members not kill them. While it may sound fun and get some activity, its the part after it ends that will be a problem. Various, if not more than a half of the people would have to start fresh if their characters dies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
ReturningYoru
avatar

Age : 27
Posts : 589

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Mon 07 Jul 2014, 11:39 pm

then lets send in the Zombies that would be a lot of fun. They are not that strong so killing the dead would be easy the only real challenge would be the nuke-nin that is controlling them. Maybe even make it a group of nuke-nin that way there is more points to hand out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faker
Nukenin

Posts : 755

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Tue 08 Jul 2014, 12:34 am

ReturningYoru wrote:
then lets send in the Zombies that would be a lot of fun. They are not that strong so killing the dead would be easy the only real challenge would be the nuke-nin that is controlling them. Maybe even make it a group of nuke-nin that way there is more points to hand out

diablo 3 plot confirmed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ace
avatar

Age : 24
Posts : 1035

PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options Tue 08 Jul 2014, 12:36 am

Izayah wrote:
ReturningYoru wrote:
then lets send in the Zombies that would be a lot of fun. They are not that strong so killing the dead would be easy the only real challenge would be the nuke-nin that is controlling them. Maybe even make it a group of nuke-nin that way there is more points to hand out

diablo 3 plot confirmed

 TEEHEE 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ultimateshinobi.com
Sponsored content


PostSubject: Re: Member Poll: Village Options

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-