|Subject: Beyond Human Tue 15 Jul 2014, 8:48 pm|| |
[blockquote]aberration ab·er·ra·tion (āb'ə-rā'shən)
- A departure from the normal or typical.
- A psychological disorder or abnormal alteration in one's mental state.
- A defect of focus, such as blurring in an image.
- An imperfect image caused by a physical defect in an optical element, as in a lens.
- A deviation in the normal genetic structure or number of chromosomes in an organism.
Stedman?s Medical Dictionary
Our history is filled with stories of heroes; legendary beings who fought against the odds and performed impossible tasks. In ancient times they spoke with Gods, fought mythical creatures, took to new worlds. We do not live in ancient times. We no longer believe.
The sudden surge of power was unexpected, catastrophic. We call them Aberrants; men and women inexplicably granted access to powers once reserved for myth and fantasy. Mutations, abnormal, broken. Their bodies, their very minds, are forever changed, making them something new, something...
Beyond Human is an original Superhero Roleplaying game, where the stories were never taken seriously, where government has tried to suppress the sudden surge of Aberrants. And failed. Aberrants and humans alike are forced to make a choice about how to act, how to react; protect the people as a paragon of justice, or strike out violently against past oppressions; try to keep the peace in the hopes of reconciliation, or carve out a piece of the world for themselves.
Where will you stand when the Myths return to the world?[/blockquote]